Saturday, May 12, 2012

In the Beginning

05/12/2012  Have I really created a blog?  I am not sure I know what I'm doing but am sure I will get better at this.  I intend for this blog to be a record of homeschooling Jane, my 14 year old daughter, through high school. 

I began homeschooling in 2000.  My oldest was in 4th grade that year, followed by his brother in 2nd grade, followed by their brother in kindergarten, and Jane was 2.  We have since added another child, Ruth. 

Jane is the first to choose to homeschool high school.  Her brothers all went to a Catholic high school but she insists she wants to do this and honestly, she's braver than I am.  I want to do this; I believe this is wonderful, right and good.  But OVERWHELMING and slightly scary.

I hope with this blog to do two things.  First and foremost, I thought it would be a wonderful outlet for both Jane and I (and maybe Ruth as well).  But also, I will count at as hours toward her graduating high school; log it as computer science.  She's the creative one, so she will be tasked with dressing up this site.

2 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! Can't wait to check in and read about this grand adventure! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Here's hoping it is grand!

    ReplyDelete