Monday, May 12, 2014

Change is Good

I am getting ready for our next school year. I am SUPER excited about how it is shaping up. We've decided to enroll Jane in some online courses instead of participating in a co-op. She'll be taking a history course and algebra 2 online and we are both excited about it. The name of the game for next year is "simplifying" and we are doing a great job!

As I said, we will not be going to co-op, so that frees up Friday. We are also dropping piano which not only frees up our schedule, but saves us money. I am hoping after the summer to go down to 1 day of work during the week and 2 weekend shifts plus maybe a few weeknights a month. That will really make a HUGE difference in my time! I LOVE my job, I really do! But I am just spread too thin and I need more time with my girls and for housework, etc. Marty has been such a tremendous help. He does laundry, cleans the house, yard work, etc. when I'm working Saturdays. I work at the girls dance studio on Saturdays 9-1 and about 2 Saturdays a month I work at the archdiocese. This past Saturday I worked from 9a.m.-10p.m. Obviously, I get nothing done at home on days like that!

There are a few other changes that will occur next year. One is that Sam will be going away to college. Very weird. This is possibly the most difficult change. It was weird when our oldest, Martin, went away. We all noticed the empty spot at the table. It was weird when Leo went away. But with Sam, it seems drastic. There will be 4 at the dinner table, instead of 6 or 7. Strange. However, everything has it's pluses and minuses. The plus here is that we will have fewer car issues. We've had 3 drivers sharing 2 cars for school, and 4 different jobs among us. It's fine; carpooling works. But with Sam away and me home more, it will be easier. Another change is that Jane will be getting her driver's license, hopefully by the end of summer. That makes a difference with dance. Finally, she will be able to take herself to dance and maybe Ruth, as well. I'm not sure what the dance schedule will look like for next year. Jane's schedule won't change much, but Ruth's is up in the air right now. I am hoping it, too, works out with our "simplifying" theme!

One final change I've made that I'm really excited about is dinner. I have a friend who is selling Wildtree products and I love it! Since my life has been what it's been for the past couple of years, I haven't done my usual grocery routine. In the best of times I would make a menu, clip coupons, check the store ads, and do my shopping. I haven't had time to keep that up. Too much frozen pizza, too much wasted food. With Wildtree, Marty and I spend a couple of hours on a Saturday or Sunday (after I have shopped with the grocery list for whatever meal plan I'm making) assemblying 10 good, healthy, freezer meals. So far, we have loved them all and it takes me maybe 20-30 minutes to put dinner together. The 10 meals last us 2-3 weeks with leftovers and a frozen pizza here or there. It has been so great. I am so happy and satisfied to know that we are eating healthier. Wildtree not only has organic, low sodium, low sugar, products (and grapeseed and coconut oil), but they give you all the recipes and products so you can duplicate what you've done. Well, this is starting to sound like a commercial! I can assure you, no one is paying me; I just really love the time saver and the good food. You can check out their website: www.mywildtree.com\cathydaub if you want more information. We will be trying to get our pool up this weekend. YAY!! Looking forward to a beautiful summer and hoping our changes bring a less busy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment