Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday Evening; All's calm

Sunday evening.  It's calm and quiet in the house.  I'm making my BIG batch of chocolate chip cookies.  I've reviewed where we are on our goals for this 6-week school session and it's looking good.  This in itself is interesting. 

A week ago, I was a little discouraged that we were not getting more done.  I was, quite honestly, starting to panic and ready to tell Jane she had to go to a traditional high school.  Then, the very next day, after she read twice what she was supposed to for history, I quizzed her.  Each section comes with on-line quizzes, but I like to do the section questions in the book to get a feel for how well she's understanding the material.  She got all the questions correct!  In a matter of one day, I went from panic and despair to awesome and confident.  Funny.  I try to remember that at all times; a day makes a difference.

We are looking good for our goals except Jane's Algebra.  I thought that in 6 weeks she'd be able to do 40 lessons, which is more than 5 lessons a week.  It was a bit challenging and I've since revised it and aim for her to have 30 lessons done in the six weeks; more reasonable.  Ruth is certainly going to start her 4th grade materials, probably after Christmas.  I can't hold her back...she just keeps working and I'm going to let her. 

Jane has started her new blog - needtodance.blogspot.com - and I think we are both happier.  It feels much better this way.  This week I hope to have time to upload some more pics and play around with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment